Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Oh Summer!

After a busy spring of planning and planting, Briar Rose is back in the garden. I can't believe it is July and the garden has finally come into its own, weeds and all.

This season I became ambitious following last year's success, and my own "addiction" to planting, and I planted 3000 gladiolus instead of last year's 1000 bulbs! I should correct myself here. I didn't plant them by myself. I had a lot of help from family who are plantaholics, too. Otherwise I'd still be planting.
We also added a vinyard comprised of 150 grapevines. In three years we hope to have them bearing delicious dark red Marquette and Steubens grapes, suitable for the table, juice or wine.

The cool wet spring created a late growing season, so we were slower getting in production and having enough flowers to take to SKY Farmers Market, but we are cutting flowers like mad now and are back at market each Saturday from 7-noon.

In addition to glads, We have sunflowers, zinnias, cosmos, amaranth and wildflower bouquets. I'm offering large bouquets in sleeves and smaller meadow bouquets in Mason jars ready for your home.

Hope to see you at the market!


No comments:

Post a Comment